friend us on Facebook
Adoption Application Form
LA Times "Return of the King" July 10, 2014
Complete this form only if you are applying to become an AHR approved FOSTER HOME.
Click here to switch to the
regular adoption form
1) Please tell us why you want to foster
2) Have you owned horses previously? If so, how many and what breed of horse?
3) Do you have a preference for a specific breed of horse?
4) Do you have more experience with any specific breed of horse? If so, please explain.
5) How many horses do you own currently? What are their breeds and ages? How long have you owned each horse?
6) Have you ever trained a horse? If yes, please explain.
7) Are you an experienced rider?
8) Please provide details of your experience.
9) Describe the kind of care and attention your foster will receive
10) How often will there be Farrier and Vet care for your foster? Please be specific.
11) Are there any behaviors that horses can/do exhibit that are you unwilling to deal with?
12) Are you willing to take on a horse that is companion sound only ?
13) What kind of expenses are you willing to take responsibility for?
Supplements / Extra Feed
Auction Purchase Price
14) Are you willing to provide transportation or pay for transport to your facility?
Yes - I will pay the hauler
Yes - I own my own trailer
No - I need AHR to pay the transport
15) Are you aware of the necessary Veterinary care most auction horses require immediately after purchase? Are you willing to provide that care?
16) What is the feeding schedule your current horses are on and what does their diet consist of?
17) Have you ever rehabilitated an emaciated horse? If so, what did you feed and how often? Please provide specific details.
18) Do you know the symptoms of colic?
19) Where will the foster horse live? At your residence, boarding facility etc? Please list addresses and names of the facility.
20) Do you have a quarantine stall for horses who have come straight from auction or the feed lot?
21) Are you willing to foster or foster a stallion? Do you have a facility to house a stallion?
22) If the horse will stay at your residence, do you rent or own your property?
23) Do you have an Equine Vet who will provide a reference for you? Please list their name and contact information.
24) Do you have a regular Farrier? Please list the name and contact information.
25) Please list three reference that are not related to you and are familiar with your horse experience. Names and phone numbers please
26) What are your thoughts on humane euthanasia? At what point should a horse be euthanized?
27) Please attach photos of your facilities or the boarding barn where the horse will stay
Max file size: 20MB